Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Storms and Poems

Resting on this stormy day in my plush home next to Papa T's Office, I decided to scratch out a few lines of cat-wisdom. Did you know? According to Brewer's Dictionary Of Phrase & Fable, a cat is said to have nine lives because it is "more tenacious of life than many animals." That's right -- learn from the cat -- LOVE GOD and LOVE LIFE!

So here's my poem to ponder on a partly cloudy and rainy Tuesday:

9 lives

If I could live nine lives for God
upon this planets’ earthen sod;
I’d spend the first in search of Love,
the finest treasure from above.

Then Joy would be my next celebration,
on this feline ambulation;
And Peace the third of life’s release,
that conflicts of family, church and nations cease.

Now Patience sure be a difficult task,
to drink from life’s over-active flask;
Kindness would be my daily gift,
to Faithfully serve others their lives to lift.

And then to learn to always be Good,
as even a furry, black cat should;
true Gentleness my constant companion,
Oh self-control! to never abandon.

Nine lives to live! Nine gifts to give!
Always for God, upon this sod.

*Look up Galatians 5:22 and LOVE LIFE!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deacon
Just wanted to update you on "Project Puppies". Four great families from First have picked out their new puppies. Thank you to the Addingtons, Tamplens, Hawkins and Foremans. We also have found homes for four others, the methodist apparently like dogs too!
So... we have 5 left to go to good families. Dr. Jeff is coming by to give them shots this week and they should be ready to go by Memorial Day!. I've emailed you some pics of some that are available, would love you to post them on your blog.
Thanks
Cali