Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pray 4 Pastor Ken!!!

"2 B or not 2 B - a lover of cats. That is the question!" was written by my great uncle Chaucer the 3rd of Stratford, who was cared for by Anne Hathaway. He wrote it in 1583. Of course it was edited by Anne's husband, Willie, and used in one of his plays...


... as I was taking my usual morning massage, I began to think about asking all of you to pray for Pastor. You see there are only two kinds of people in the world -- those who believe and those who don't believe in loving cats! Pastor is an unbeliever? BUT don't dispair ... Tom-my best bud, Mrs. Pastor-Lisa, and the support staff are working hard to convert him ...

It may not be easy!!! Last year I remember him telling about one of my relatives, spooky, who lives south of town. He got stuck in a tall tree and his servant, Mike, decided the best way to get him down was to lasso the top of the tree and tie it to his big noisy truck and pull ... well all was going well and the tree was bending, spooky was getting closer to the ground ... when the rope broke ... snap ... the tree went up and spooky went flying ... meeeeeeeoooooowwwww ...

... on the next street over, a little girl named Krystal had been begging her mom for a cat ... no way ... beg, beg, beg ... finally mom said, "If God gives you a cat, you can have one." Well Krystal went out in the backyard and began to pray, "Dear Lord, would you send me a little kitty." You guessed It ... all of the sudden spooky came flying into the backyard and landed in her lap...

God ANSWERS Prayer!!!
So join me in praying for Pastor Ken ... After all, there are only two kinds of people in the world -- believers and those who have not yet believed --------------------->

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what's the deal with all these people who like dogs. Being a cat myself, I am not a huge dog fan. My family had 3 dogs which was bad enough but apparently 2 of the dogs decided to go forth and multiply so now there are 13 new lab puppies at our house!! I thought that since you were so computer savvy you might could search for ways to make these new pups disappear. My owners assure me that several church members have agreed to take a pup but I need them all gone. Please contact me at the Bearden's house if you can help. Thanks
Cali

Mr. Oleo said...

I believe that the pastor has a sweet spot in his heart for cats that stays hidden. When faced with the opportunity to run one over or pass it by, I believe he would pass it by, maybe even give it some milk too.